What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
By reading or using this website (or Whitney’s related websites) you indicate your acceptance and agreement with the following terms and information. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this website.
(1) GENERAL DISCLAIMER – Maxfield & Madison Co.(aka Whitney Morton Woodcock) provides the information on these pages as a public service for informational purposes only. Information contained in these pages is not intended to be, and should not be taken as, advice. All information provided through this website, in the e-books, or through the email subscription are provided “as-is, where-is” and without any warranties of any kind, including the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Your use of this website does not constitute or establish a contractual relationship with Whitney Morton Woodcock.
(2) USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT – Everything on this website (and Whitney’s related websites), including, but not limited to, the words, design, layout, graphics, photos, images, information, materials, documents, data, databases and all other information and intellectual property accessible on or through this Website (“Content”) or Whitney’s other related websites, is her property and is protected by United States intellectual property laws.
By accessing or using this Website and its Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that you agree to and to abide by these terms and conditions. Any registration by, use of or access to the Website and its Content by anyone under age 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these terms and conditions.
(3) PERMISSIONS POLICY – YOU ARE ALLOWED TO:
- Printing: print posts/content off Whitney’s sites for non-commercial use (up to 25 copies only) as long as you include the following copyright notice: “© Whitney Morton All rights reserved. Originally published at www.maxfieldandmadison.com.” If used electronically, you must link back to the website page where the original information was.
- Re-posting: re-post a summary of a blog post (or an excerpt of up to 100 words) with a credit and a link back to the original post.
- Linking: link to my site or any public posts is encouraged!
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED (WITHOUT WHITNEY’S WRITTEN PERMISSION):
- To re-post Whitney’s content in its entirety, especially not word for word.
- Alter or sell any content on this site or her related sites without Whitney’s permission.
- Translate any of Whitney’s writings in to another language without her verifying and approving the translation.
- You will not copy, duplicate or steal her Website or Content. You understand that doing anything with her Website or its Content that is contrary to these terms and conditions and the limited license she is providing to you herein is considered theft, and she reserves the right to prosecute theft to the full extent of the law.
- You may not in any way at any time use, copy, adapt, imply or represent that Whitney’s Website (or any of her related websites) or their Content is yours or created by you. By downloading, printing, or otherwise using her Website Content for personal use you in no way assume any ownership rights of the Content – it is still her property. Do NOT take credit for what is NOT yours.
- You must receive Whitney’s written permission before using any of her Website (or related websites) Content for your own business use or before sharing her content with others. This means that you definitely can’t modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, market, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email, website, link or any other electronic means) any Content on this Website (or her related Websites) because that is considered stealing her own work. Stealing is generally disapproved of in polite society. Don’t be a jerk.
(4) THIRD PARTY INFORMATION DISCLAIMER – Certain links on this site lead to websites controlled by other parties over whom Whitney Morton Woodcock has no control. Therefore, she makes no representation or warranty concerning the content or accuracy of third party information and expressly disclaims any liability therefore.
(5) COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK – This site and all the information it contains, including, but not limited to, articles, blog posts, designs, drawings, illustrations, photographs, courses, videos, opinions, text, guides, trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos (“Protected Information”) are the property of Whitney Morton Woodcock, and is protected from unauthorized use, copying, distribution and dissemination by U.S. Copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. You may not use any of this Protected Information without Whitney Morton Woodcock’s express written consent.
(6) TESTIMONIALS – This website and related course sites present real world experiences, testimonials and insights about other people’s experiences with Whitney’s content for purposes of illustration only. The testimonials, examples and photos used are of actual clients and results they personally achieved, or they are comments from individuals who can speak to Whitney’s character and/or the quality of her work. They are not intended to represent or guarantee that current or future clients will achieve the same or similar results; rather, these testimonials represent what is possible for illustrative purposes only.
(7) AFFILIATES – On occasion, Whitney may promote, affiliate with, or partner with other individuals or businesses whose programs, products and services align with her own. In the spirit of transparency, she wants you to be aware that there may be instances when she promotes, markets, shares or sells programs, products or services for other people and, in exchange, she may receive financial compensation or other rewards. Please note that Whitney is highly selective and she only promotes the people whose programs, products and/or services she respects and loves. At the same time, you agree that any such promotion or marketing does not serve as any form of endorsement whatsoever. You are still required to use your own judgment to determine that any such program, product or service is appropriate for you. You are therefore assuming all risks, and you agree that Whitney is not liable in any way for any program, product or service that she may promote, market, share or sell on or through her Website.
(8) INDEMNIFICATION & RELEASE OF CLAIMS – You hereby fully and completely hold harmless, indemnify and release Whitney and any of her agents, consultants, affiliates, joint venture partners, employees, shareholders, directors, staff, team members, or anyone otherwise affiliated with her business or Whitney from any and all causes of action, allegations, suits, claims, damages, or demands whatsoever, in law or equity, that may arise in the past, present or future that is in any way related to her Website.
(10) ANTI-SPAM POLICY
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of communications by simply selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address with anyone
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Whitney does not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), and her Website and its Content is directed to individuals who are at least 13 years old or older.