How it works
I try to make the process as easy as possible for clients, and it usually goes like this...
- You fill out this form to tell me about your animal (species, breed, appearance, personality, anything else you think it's important for me to know.
- Within 2-4 days I email you with information on pricing (click here for a basic pricing guide PDF).
- At this time, you also email me at least three good photos of your animal, not blurry, preferably head-on and in natural light. It's usually good for me to be able to see one full-body portrait and one close-up on the face, but it'll depend on the kind of portrait you want.
- Before I get started, half of the final portrait cost is due as a deposit.
- I'll send you a rough sketch (with color ideas) for approval, so if there are any changes you want at this stage, speak up!
- And then I paint! Please allow up to three weeks turnaround time for portraits.
- Once I'm done, the rest of the cost is due, plus shipping fees ($11 for small or medium portraits, $21 for large or extra-large), and then I send you your art! Portraits will always be on gallery-wrapped canvas, ready to be framed (or to just hang loose on the wall, whatever you prefer).
- And then your art arrives! It can go on the wall of your home, office, or anywhere, and when people ooh and ahh over it, you can tell them, "Maxfield and Madison did it!"