Get a Mural
“I love it! Oh, this makes me so happy. I’m going to love sitting out on my patio with this mural here.”
– one very happy customer
Blurb about murals. Murals, murals, murals! Murals are great. The end.
Like what you see? Click the button to schedule your free consultation.
Murals typically start at $350 for a relatively simple three-color design on a 5′ by 7′ wall. The price varies but typically the larger a space, and the more complex the design, the greater the investment on the client’s part. I can do work all over Arizona but anything beyond the Tucson city limits will necesitate a travel fee.
See the process!
Meeting and sketch
First, I meet with the client, measure the wall to be painted on, and give them an estimate. I will do some initial sketching at this meeting, and then send along a finished sketch and color study a few days to a week later.
Prime and grid
When I come back, I clean the wall and start with a layer of primer. Then I make a grid on the wall so I can transfer the drawing proportionately, sketching out the mural’s design with chalk or paint.
Start the paint party!
Next I start to paint! I typically lay down big blocks of solid color, then go in with shadows and highlights.
Then I add more paint, making sure I have good coverage, and I start adding details and lines.
Almost done! I add a few details and clean things up.
Seal the deal
If the mural will be exposed to the elements, I often add a sealant on top. (If it’s indoors this isn’t as crucial)
And then I’m done! And the client gets to enjoy their new beautiful wall.
The possibilities are endless…
• Get a favorite quote or family motto lettered above your doorway
• Get a freestanding panel of some festive design as a holiday decoration that you can use year after year (Santa? Reindeer? Easter bunny?)
• Get a big, colorful piece on an outside wall that faces the street – no one will ever lose their way to your house again! “It’s the one on 9th Street with the big mermaid mural in front!”
• Have an optical illusion (trompe l’oeil) fake door or window painted on a wall – it could be a door to a magical land!
• If you can dream it, I can do it!
Ready to get the mural you’ve always dreamed of? Click the button to schedule your free consultation.